Friday, July 8, 2011

Woke up in London yesterday, found myself in the city near Piccadilly…



I love this song. It makes me HAPPY when I hear it. I think I have recently become a little more obsessed because of the opening line, "Woke up in London yesterday, found myself in the city near Piccadilly." Having, just arrived home from London and hearing the word "Picadilly" everyday on the tube (This is the Picadilly line service to Cockfosters), The song makes me think of how wonderful my trip was, and how this really is the "good life."


THIS IS THE GOOD LIFE. I think I am finally coming to terms with my situation. For a while (A TOO LONG while) I whined about how this just isn't how I pictured my post grad life. I whined about how I pictured myself successful and independent, I complained how I did not see myself going back to school or moving to be closer to a boy (that's even hard for me to admit here...oh the inner conflict of believing you are a 'strong woman' and falling in love).

Anyways...today I finally realized this whining I've been doing isn't completley true. Sure, I pictured myself a bit more independent...but I really didn't picture much of anything. I mean, how can you? You can't predict the future, and trying to is a waste of time and energy. The only thing I really knew for sure, is that I couldn't picture myself sitting in an office, and I still can't. More power to all you who can (I am slightly jealous, the businesswoman persona is SO glamorous to me), I just can't I need to be moving and I need to be working with tweens / teens, and I've always known that. I also always hoped, that my post grad life would be filled with fun, friends and travel, so far this has been true. The responsible side of me hates this--the responsible side wishes I had a steady job and salary. BUT the rest of me loves it, these are the things that are important to me. Sure, I feel a bit of a void when I think about how I am not yet a full-time teacher, but that void will be filled. All I can do is continue to work hard, stay focused on my goal, and enjoy the GOOD LIFE-because that's what this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment