Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The End of an Era

The final Harry Potter movie comes out this weekend. It is really over. I am SO not ashamed of my OBSESSION with Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books were always there for me (I am a proud book-nerd..get over it). I remember picking up my first Harry Potter book when I was 11, thinking it would probably be childish and not of interest to my sophisticated sixth grade mind. I was wrong. The book captivated me, I felt safe reading about this awkward pre-teen who is new to the world of magic. I cheered for Harry's triumph, all the while understanding the feelings associated with change, and trying to find your place in the world.  These books mean a lot to me, they have become a very weird security blanket.


Seriously, I could go on and on about my love of HP books (just ask any of my close friend),  so I will stop....

On a lighter note--in honor of HP7 Part II coming to theaters...here are some of my fav HP inspirations.


No comments:

Post a Comment