Thursday, July 7, 2011

Movin' On





So, I am moving in a month. A MONTH. This is a stress I have never really experienced before. Honestly I am stressed a lot… anyone who has experienced me studying for a test, knows I can let stress get the better of me. This is a new stress. When taking a test I was stressed, but I think I secretly enjoyed the stress. I would work myself into frenzy, studying like a maniac, all the time knowing it was unlikely I would get anything lower than an A-.
This move is so different; there is no certainty in the back of my mind. I am taking a risk. I am continuing to pursue a dream, but can only hope hard work will finally lead me to achieving my goal. I cannot know for sure. This is scary.
Unfortunately, I think this stress is starting to take over my life. I do not feel like myself, I feel wired all the time as my mind is constantly racing. Luckily, I have great friends and running. I do not think I could make it through this transition without the two.

I keep repeating to myself some great advice I was given when studying in Australia/ New Zealand…

Always focus on what is in YOUR CONTROL. You may not be able to control the situation you are in, but YOU can control your reaction and how you deal with the situation.

So true.
Cheers to focusing on what is in YOUR control.

1 comment:

  1. I just found out that you blog on your facebook! I miss you and was trying to figure out what you are up to! Can't wait to read and see where this crazy life takes us both!

    ReplyDelete