Friday, April 1, 2011

Summer Travels

1. London flight booked
2. Colorado flight booked
3. I am extremely excited.

I am so excited to be going to both London and Colorado this summer. Technically I have been to both, if airports count.

London, I just cannot believe I am going! I am so excited. After a wonderful trip to Ireland last summer with my family, I have been dreaming of going to Europe with a friend/friends. The family trip was amazing (especially the price), but I kept thinking about how fun it would be to be in Europe with girlfriends! And now I get to experience it! The trip came about in an odd way. It came about by loving the band Mumford & Sons, and wanting to go to their concert. Unfortunately they are not coming through Minnesota this summer. However, they are playing at Hyde Park in London. Over cocktails one night, a friend casually suggested we should go see Mum & Sons in London. Because this was over cocktails my reply was, "OHMYGOSH we HAVE to, SERIOUSLY."  Again because it was over cocktails I was not serious and did not think anything would come of it. And then I got an email stating, "We are Serious". My friend had found a very reasonable round trip flight to London, and was serious about doing this. My first response was to email her back saying I was sorry but financially it would not be the best decision for me.  But then I thought more about this...financially I could do this. The more I thought about it the more it seemed right. When am I going to have this opportunity to do this again? When will I have friends willing to travel to Europe again? I am not getting younger? Once everyone starts becoming engaged and married etc. it will be unlikely that my friends and myself will be willing to spend the time and money on a Euro trip. This is something I want, and is important to me so I decided it would be a great opportunity, that I may regret not taking.  To insure I was thinking the right way, I called my most trusted adviser, Mom. My travel-loving Mom was right on board, she fully encouraged it saying, "you're lucky you have friends willing to travel to Europe with you, take this opportunity". Gosh I love her and all her great encouragement. So long story short, flight is booked and it is official. I am not entirely sure what our trip will consist of. I know we will be seeing Mumford & Sons, at Hyde Park. I know we are thinking of a play (do they call it Broadway in London? I'm hoping for Wicked). I know I might be most excited to visit Platform 9 3/4 and am looking into Harry Potter tours (I have a problem). Overall I know I am excited for this trip, and cannot wait to get planning!

Colorado my second traveling adventure is also sure to be an amazing trip. I am going for a Bachelorette party. My seven roomates and best friends from college are all going! We are going to be in a condo in the mountains. Life is good!! I cannot wait to celebrate my best friend getting married, and to enjoy a trip with some of my favorite people on earth! What could be better!!

I love traveling. If I had more money and more friends willing to go (if you are willing to go somewhere please tell me, lets do it) I would go  anywhere and everywhere. It may sound corny, but we have this big beautiful world, and I will honestly feel like I have wasted part of my life if I do not see it and experience it. I feel like once you start traveling, you just can't stop. It's like an addiction. I get excited about going new places regardless of where they are--Kansas, Des Moines, London, Up North, it really doesn't matter--I find the whole experience exhilarating and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment