Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Already excited for Basilica 2011

So this evening, during a very drawn out broadcast, Cities 97 announced Basilica Block Party's 2011 lineup. I am fairly pleased. Although, in vain, I kept wishing the next name called would be Mason Jennings or the Avett Brothers.

Regardless, of whether my favorite bands are playing--I do believe the bands announced (so far) will hold up well in the Basilica atmosphere. I can completely picture my self in a sundress, drink in hand, friends by my side--singing and jamming out to Amos Lee, David Gray, Gomez, and G Love (heavy on the G's this year).

Although I'm not yet an expert on all the bands appearing--I have plenty of time to catch up and learn to love their music--enough to decide which stages I will be gracing with my presence.

Oh Summer you are so close :)


Lineup So Far
July 8:
David Gray
Lissie
Michael Franti & the Spearheads
Fitz & the Tantrums
G Love & Special Sauce

July 9:
Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs
Amos Lee
Gomez
Drive-By Truckers

No comments:

Post a Comment