Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mountain Mania

I just got back from a weekend trip to Copper Mountain; it was absolutely amazing.  I first fell in love with the Mountains two years ago, on a trip to Big Sky Montana. It was really fun to experience Copper Mountain, and Colorado (for the 2nd time this year...I am lucky).
 Relaxing on the balcony, Copper behind me


Skiing in the Mountains is amazing. I absolutely love the concentration, and physicality it takes to get down the hill. When I skied in Big Sky, I stuck to Greens. I am proud to say my skiing at Copper consisted of Blues and Blacks! I love skiing so, so much. I really want to continue to improve, unfortunately I won't be able to do that in Kansas. Maybe I will have to start making annual Mountain trips...hmmm....
At the TOP!


The lifestyle of the Mountains is also wonderful. I cannot think of anything better than how we spent our days:
1. Wake up
2. Ski
3. Relax ( which consisted of movies, wine, Glee marathons, and hot tubbing...OUTSIDE surrounded by Mountains)
4. Dinner/Drinks/ Fun People
5. Go to sleep
6. Wake up-Repeat
 Off to Dinner
 The Sun was INCREDIBLE, I was able to get a bit of a tan!

I was able to meet up with some of my friends from high school!

Overall, the trip to Colorado was absolutely amazing. I feel very blessed that I had the opportunity to take this trip. Today, I am back to school, work, and training. It's stressful to come back to so much after experiencing such relaxation--BUT I am happy to be busy and back to a routine in Kansas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment