Sunday, September 4, 2011

Missing Matt

Yesterday, we lost a wonderful friend. After a long, tough battle with cancer my friend Matt passed away. Grieving is never easy, and I am struggling in Kansas, as I long to be with my friends back in Minnesota during this hard time.

I cannot seem to get anything productive done. I feel physically ill, and my head feels like mush. All I can seem to do is think about all the wonderful times I had with Matt, and how much I am going to miss him. He really was a wonderful person. Always a great friend, always full of an awesome dry sense of humor.

I keep picturing him eating raw red onions.

I keep hearing him telling Chole to "shut up."

I keep thinking of us all in Ryan's black Blazer, belting out, "Everybody Matt Now."

I miss you, we all miss you, you completed our friends. It won't be the same without you.



Love you Matt.



For some reason I have this song on repeat, don't know why it's helping, but it's a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment