Sunday, August 19, 2012

1 Year in Kansas

Whoa.

I have been SO busy, and I have been loving it!!

I have officially lived in Kansas for a year! I can hardly believe it.

It's fun thinking back to the day I moved. I can vividly remember Spence excitedly loading up the moving truck, our stop at an Iowa winery, and how nervous I was following that moving truck for 7 hours!

I remember moving into my tiny apartment, it took so long to empty my things into that place--we were starving by the time we finished. Every food place was closed. Our first dinner at my new place consisted of frozen pizza, which we ate sitting on the floor.

Fun memories.

It's funny how much has changed in the past year!

A year ago I was so nervous about how life would turn out in Kansas. I was so nervous about meeting new friends, missing my old ones, and being away from my amazing family.

It all turned out 'A-Okay'.

This weekend Spence was in Minnesota for a wedding. I was a little nervous to be alone in Kansas all weekend. Last time he went away for a weekend, I at 1/2 a box of brownie batter.
Not good.

This time it was fine. I obviously missed him, a lot....
BUT...

I was so busy, I barely had time to think about missing him.

My weekend consisted of cheer practice, lesson planning, data planning, running with a friend, meeting friends for dinner, and seeing a former co-worker.

So much has changed in a year. I am starting to feel 'at home' in Kansas (although, MN is ALWAYS my #1). I'm busy with a new job I love, and have made some great friends.

Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment