Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend at the Ozarks

Spence and I spent our weekend traveling to the Lake of the Ozarks for a wedding. We had a really, great time getting away for a (very) mini vacation!

  
Started the weekend off, with a fun fruity drink!


I was really looking forward to being at the lake. I think part of me is just searching for the Minnesota Lake experience here in Kansas. The Lake of the Ozarks is fun, and HUGE, but it was missing my favorite aspects of Minnesota lake-life.


I like to go to the lake to get away from city life. I love how camouflage, flannel, and sweatpants are Minnesota lake staples. I love that there isn't any showing off--there are a lot of nice boats and cabins, but they aren't paraded around. Everyone is just trying to enjoy nature, and each other. Lake of the Ozarks was beautiful, but it didn't feel like an escape from the city. The lake houses were gigantic, the boats even bigger, and if you forgot something for the weekend, Target was around the corner. I guess it was kind of similar to Lake Minnetonka? Even though I didn't get my 'Minnesota Lake' fix, we still had a great time enjoying some beautiful scenery and great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment