Monday, April 16, 2012

Busy, Busy!

Hello! I have been meaning to blog more (how many times am I going to say that), BUT I left my camera cord in Minnesota--and would hate to bore you with just words. So the few pictures I have taken from my (ghetto) phone camera will have to do :)

Things are BUSY here in Kansas, and I love it! The past two weekends have been absolutely wonderful. My parents came down for Easter, and it was a really special holiday. We had a wonderful time eating (omg...SO much food), golfing, and just spending time together. It means the world to me that Spence is getting to know my family more :) Pictures to come!

Last week (weekend) I was able to travel to Colorado once again! I have been spoiled this year with travel. This time I got to go with KU and present some of the research I have been doing here. It was a really great experience. I just presented it in a poster session, so it was very casual. The research team I am working with just spoke with many interested spectators and education greats (which to be honest--I need to be reminded that they are well known in the ed world...I really don't pay too much attention to the authors of my textbooks...ooops).

After the research was done, I was able to once again enjoy one of my favorite places with my good friend Britta. It was a wonderful time!
I enjoyed: 
  • just hanging out at her family's home in the foothills working on homework, while everyone was at work
  • A painting class!! (so much fun!!)
  • Hiking in the Redrocks
  • Eating amazing Mexican food
  • Eating amazing Mediterranean food (WHY is this restaurant only in Colorado!!)
  • The Denver night life
  • Shopping
  • Movies with a roaring fire, blanket, and a big bowl of ice cream
  • Waking up to snow covered Foothills
 My few Camera photos:
My painting!
Side view of Britta's deck! I watched deer run through the Foothills, as I sipped my coffee
My view while I did homework--look closely to see Denver skyline

The next few weeks are as busy as ever! This week I am working hard to finish up school work, and next week we MOVE!! So exciting. I came home to Spence working hard on painting some awesome furniture finds. I am feeling so blessed and lucky, enjoying the blessing of being busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment