Friday, February 10, 2012

Much to be Done

Source


Can I vent for a second?
Thanks. 
So, yesterday I wake up and am super excited to get to work when...my computer crashed. Completely crashed. Like spent 3 hours in the apple store only for them to tell me my hard drive crashed...and I lost everything.

I never knew a machine could make me so emotional. It was weird. I held back tears in the apple store as the 'Genius Bar Man' lectured me on not backing up my stuff. Yes, I realize I should of had an external hard drive...but do YOU realize Mr. Genius Bar Man, that there are a million other things I would rather purchase than an external hard drive??  Regardless I have a shiny new external hard drive, and a shiny new internal hard drive. I still have my old computer--but it feels like brand new...mostly because there is not a single file on it.

Can I be melodramatic for a second?
I feel like I lost the last four years of my life! Well, not really...but all my pictures are gone, my music, my teaching files, my undergrad work, my resumes/cover letters, my grad school work....the list goes on.

So yesterday I was super emotional trying to calm my hysterical self down by repeating in my head..., "you lost files you did not lose a person...you need to stop being materialistic.

Today I am feeling MUCH better. I have so much work/recovering to do from emails and drop box.
Honestly, it's slightly refreshing having a blank computer. Stressful, but kind of nice and refreshing--a clean start.

On a side note...I have great friends. Very sad to be missing my music (which you can actually recover for free from I-tunes....but it's a bit like playing 'Russian Roulette', if you accidentally pick a song you haven't ever purchased you get charged), anyways, I realized a lot of the music I had by my favorite artist had come from a friend who burned me Cd's. I texted him in my dramatic style saying, "Can you do me HUGE favor." His immediate response, "Yup, what do you need." No questions asked! I mean I just needed some Cd's re-burned...but what If I needed a plane ticket to Brazil? Such a simple thing, but it always warms my heart to know my friends are there for me.

Now, it's time to attempt to recover files! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment