Monday, December 12, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Back in Minnesota for the Holiday season. It was a really odd drive home yesterday, I was excited to get back to Minnesota--but I was also sad to be leaving Kansas. It has taken a couple months, but I am starting to really enjoy living in Kansas.
When I first moved to Kansas I compared EVERYTHING to Minnesota. Seriously everything, Examples:
"In Minneosta people drive more courteously."
"In Minnesota we go to the lake for fun, Kansas could really use some lakes."
"It doesn't get this hot in Minnesota, the summers are much more comfortable in Minnesota."

When I was driving home yesterday I stopped in Owatonna (which is a great 'Minnesota Accent' name). When I got out of my car my thoughts were:
My car is SO much cleaner than everyone's because I live in Kansas and we have not yet had snow...HA!
Minnesota's roads in the winter are SO gross
It wouldn't be dark yet if I was in Kansas

I think this is a great sign...but as BF told me I can love both states, and I do. I love, LOVE Minnesota--but I am also starting to really enjoy Kansas. It even looks different to me now. When I first moved to Kansas, everything looked scary. I thought everything looked run down and not as nice as Minnesota. Not true. I now think Kansas looks great, and is a really pretty state with amazing sunsets.

The one thing Kansas is missing (besides the lakes) is obviously my friends and family. It is hard to be away, but I am falling in love with BF more and more everyday, I think it is worth it. Sometimes I miss my family and friends so much, but most of the time I enjoy the little life we have together in Kansas.

Being away from family and friends also makes being home for the holidays much more special! I think it's going to be a busy month, but I am so excited to be surrounded by my friends and family--I can't wait.

Cheers to what looks to be a promising Holiday season home in Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment