Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life in Lawrence

Hello!

Greetings from Kansas. I have meant to blog more, but living in a new city, having a new job, and having new classes, has taken it's toll. I am really enjoying living in Kansas. I have been able to meet some really great people, my classes seem challenging, and work is pretty awesome! I really can't complain. I have been so busy, I haven't even had time to be homesick! Although, I have become quite the 'proud Minnesotan'. It's crazy how many times I hear, "well in Minnesota we...", come out of my mouth. I seem to constantly be talking about, our niceness, our courteous driving, our weather, our humbleness, our lakes, how we pay teachers and paras better, and the list goes on and on. Seriously, if you ever move away I bet you will realize just how awesome the Mighty MN is!

On another note...

KU is a gorgeous campus. I remember visiting it when I was a high school senior, and thinking it was really pretty, but really big. I still think it is really big! I am happy to be at a big university, and happy I get to experience what it is like going to a big university. BUT, I am also really happy I chose Gustavus for undergrad. I get tired of hearing about how going to Gustavus is like going to high school again, we get it, we are a small school. I know a small school is not for everyone, but the sense of community and belonging you get at a smaller school really is something special. I think I would have been just lost at a big university for undergrad! I do, however think it is perfect for grad school. I am excited that I get to experience both! It's fun looking at KU's GIGANTIC football stadium, it's fun to people watch, and it's fun to be a part of a school that means so much to it's state!



No comments:

Post a Comment